Rise is honored to have more than 100 volunteers who have served 3,000-plus hours this year to help us achieve our mission of unlocking potential and opening doors to success.
We are thankful for our volunteers who:
- Prepare the people we serve for their important job interviews by conducting mock interviews and providing professional attire through Michael’s Clothing Closet
- Support artists to share their voice through art in Art Speaks
- Teach the people we serve financial literacy
- Assist on fun outings like bowling, Meals on Wheels, and other community activities
- Help organize and make our special events run smoothly
- Participate in recreational activities with the people we serve in our Adult Day programs like crafts, exercising, and playing games
- Bring in their therapy animals to help relax the people we serve and our team members
- Welcome people into our administrative offices as a volunteer receptionist.
If any of these activities caught your eye, or if you want to get involved in some of our new opportunities listed here, please fill out our volunteer application today!
You can find more details on Rise’s website at: http://rise.org/give/volunteer-opportunities.html
Interesting new positions
We have added some new volunteer opportunities for 2018:
- Yoga/fitness instructor
- Social media volunteer
- Basic technology trainer
- First Aid instructor
- Volunteer receptionists
How about an internship?
If you are interested in doing an internship, check out our website in early 2018 for information about our summer internship cohort opportunities, including in the areas of:
- Development and special events
- Human resources
- Mental health job placement
- Marketing and communications
- Case management