Announcing our Excellence in Leadership Award recipients
Jan 5, 2023
Our annual Excellence in Leadership awards were handed out January 5, 2022, and we are excited to share them with you! This is an annual Rise award recognizing outstanding managers and leaders who positively contribute to Rise each year.
Congratulations to the four leaders below who were selected from 38 team members nominated by their peers.
Program Manager | Crystal, Minn.
What Megan’s colleagues are saying:
Megan models a “can do” spirit and a willingness to do the hard work. She actively works towards becoming a better leader and ensures people served are cared for and respected. Megan gets genuinely excited about new ways to deliver services and has the wisdom to consider all angles. She encourages others to think outside the box and ensures her team feels heard and respected.
Megan’s notable 2022 Accomplishments:
- Megan oversaw the transformation of Rise’s Crystal program with determination and grace.
- She supported the Coon Rapids team when there was turnover and went above and beyond to ensure nothing was missed.
- Megan treats everyone as a valued member of the team and values their contributions.
Program Manager | CBTE and Sensory programs
What Krystle’s colleagues are saying:
Krystle focuses on the strengths of her team members and adapts roles to match them. She is an excellent communicator who is positive, actively listens, and promotes trust and respect. Krystle is focused on mentoring and supporting new supervisors so they can grow and maximize their potential. She is always ready to roll up her sleeves and work alongside supervisors and DSPs wherever she is needed.
Krystle’s notable 2022 Accomplishments:
- Krystle created a system to match DSPs and persons served with the best supervisor for them resulting in smooth operations and team cohesion.
- She was instrumental in developing a new SET opportunity for the Sensory program.
- Krystle prides herself in making sure the programming is purposeful and meaningful for the people we serve.
Human Resources Manager
What Lilian’s colleagues are saying:
Lilian promotes trust and respect on the Human Resources team while coaching people to learn new things and stretch. She believes in people and empowers them to take on new roles and responsibilities. Lilian has an open-door policy and will always make room in her day to meet with anyone. She is a great listener who is there for support and guidance when her team members need her.
Lilian’s notable 2022 Accomplishments:
- Lilian launched a new onboarding and orientation process, including quarterly orientation meetings.
- She has vast human resources knowledge and ensures Rise complies with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Lilian expects the best from herself and encourages and supports others to be their best too.
Program Manager | Cottage Grove, Minn.
What Andy’s colleagues are saying:
Andy embodies the saying, If there is a will, there is a way!” He is a creative thinker – he comes up with new ideas AND suggestions on how to carry them out. Andy creates an environment for success and a culture of high performance – he leads by example. He listens, sets clear expectations, and then coaches people through challenges.
Andy’s notable 2022 Accomplishments:
- Andy is a master at networking. His connections in Washington Co. are critical to Rise’s success.
- He has a big heart and will do whatever it takes to help the people we serve to be successful.
- Andy celebrates successes with his team, so they know what a difference they make in people’s lives.