Employment Exploration Services
Please Note: Program availability, hours, and delivery have changed due to COVID-19, please contact us for the most up to date information!
People We Serve
This program is aimed at people aged 18 and older who haven’t decided that a community job is what they want or who are considering returning to work after an absence.
This program is for those exploring the possibility of working in the community. Employment Exploration allows people to tour job sites, conduct job trials and gain volunteer experience. We also provide coaching and education regarding competitive, integrated employment opportunities in the community and Rise staff assists in creating an individualized plan for every person’s job goals and skills.
- Educational visits to community businesses and informational interviews
- Job shadowing and try-outs at community business partner locations
- Volunteer experiences at local non-profits
- Coaching and education regarding the impact of work on income and benefits, including orientation to DB 101 and work incentives
- Coaching and education related to disability disclosure, accommodations, rights, and responsibilities
- Transportation assessment and training to identify and access available transportation resources.
- Exploring workplace expectations – including business culture, ethics, communication, and interpersonal
Expected Service Duration
Up to 6 months, but could last up to 12 months based on individual need
2003 Central Ave. NE Minneapolis, MN 55418
Monday - Friday | 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Schedule and location of services determined by individual need.
Primary Funding Sources
- Medicaid Waivers
- Consumer Directed CommunitySupports (CDCS)
If you are interested in this program, but are unsure if you qualify, have appropriate funding, or have other concerns, please contact us. We are happy to partner with you to explore all options.
How to Apply
Identify the correct
program for you
Reach out to a
to learn more
Fill out your paperwork and get started