Minnesota Employment Center for People who are Deaf, DeafBlind, or Hard of Hearing
Please Note: Program availability, hours, and delivery have changed due to COVID-19, please contact us for the most up to date information!
People We Serve
This program supports people aged 16-24 and who are Deaf, DeafBlind, and Hard of Hearing in school-to-career transition, career exploration, and career planning leading to competitive and supported employment.
- Job placement, coaching, job-seeking skills, work evaluations, job try-outs, and job shadowing
- Individualized career planning and goal setting support
- Job retention and career support
- Occupational communication support and education.
- Job placement, follow-up, coaching, and job-seeking skills for transition-aged youth throughout the state.
- Resume development and other supports
Services available in these counties
Want to learn more about this program or work with a Rise staff member to see if this program is a good fit?
Mobile/Video Phone: (651) 243-3047
MEC is a statewide program that offices out of multiple locations. We have locations in St. Paul, Duluth, Faribault, Moorhead, and St. Cloud.
Monday - Friday | 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Schedule and location of services determined by individual need.
Primary Funding Sources
- Minnesota Vocational Rehabilitation Services
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services
- Private Grants
- Schools and Self-Referral
- State Services for the Blind
If you are interested in this program, but are unsure if you qualify, have appropriate funding, or have other concerns, please contact us. We are happy to partner with you to explore all options.
How to Apply
Identify the correct
program for you
Reach out to a
to learn more
Fill out your paperwork and get started